Desert Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Gamers

Place for me and my friends to hang out and stuff.

Every one please take a look at the Iron heroes forum under the topic books. Thank you.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Begining AKA genaric inn start no.3.....with a twist

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem

The assassin faints, from fear pain or a combanation of each you don't know but you can tell they wont be in shape to answer any more questions for some time.

zombielord0

zombielord0

i walk into the inn and hag the women up like a pinyata and anouse. "this is the one that caused all the damage to your inn do with her as you wish"

leaving the inn with a smirk

well i may not have killed her but they might have some fun beating her senseless and that puts a smile on my face -grins-

Epic

Epic

(This post is a cross post between Epic and Dreem, and we, too...apologize for its length. I'm sure these kind of conversations pop up, though, throughout our PbP game)

Hanako's intro scene: I'm happy I took the scenic route to the inn. The extra time it takes is well worth this night's excellent breeze. It feels so good to be outside again.
*Hanako then notices Irene standing to the side of the pathway, seemingly deep in thought*
What is she doing there? She looks lonely...

Irene's intro scene:The air is nice tonight not to cold or hot, I wonder how this venture will go.

Hanako: "U...um...Hello, Irene. Um...are you enjoying the nighttime breeze?"
Irene: "Hello, Hanako. Yes it's nice tonight, are you on the way to the inn?"
Hanako: "Yes I am. I was just taking a stroll to feel the wind. It really is very simple and pretty. Wouldn't you agree?"
Irene: "Yes it is, I love looking at the sky at night, one of the few things I can take the time to enjoy."

Hanako: "I...if I may say, back at the other inn, it...it was kind of scary, y'know?"
Irene: "Battles often are, I don't use such powers often, they are a bit...unpleasant to see and tiring for myself but there were people who shouldn't have been involved there so I stopped them as quickly as I could."
Hanako: *lets out a small sigh* "Yeah....I don't have much prowess in the art of combat. B...but, about those powers...if I may ask...um...a...are you psychic?"
Irene: "Yes, I am. It's common with my people, will it bother you to know I can read your thoughts with almost as much effort as it takes you to look at another person?"I wonder if she will fear me now, that she knows?
Hanako: *with surprise* "What!? You...you can...read my thoughts? I guess I never thought about it, but...I suppose it is something that does not bother me... A...are you doing it right now?"
Irene: "No, I try to allow people their privacy most of the time, I do use it when I'm conducting a business deal or if I will have to trust someone for an extended period."

Hanako: "Do you trust me?"
Irene: "Yes, unless you give me reason not to. There was little in the way of malice in your mind when we met."
Hanako: "I would never try to hurt my friends! Is...is there anyone in our troupe who we should be wary of? Or is that something I should not know?"
Irene: "Jones is a lech but not likely to harm anyone of us, watch out for Zen, he has much blood lust in his thoughts, he thinks of little more than death. Our remaining companion is faithful to his god, but that god is a lord of the dead, I know not what to make of him"
Hanako: Zen scares me. He literally acts as if one possessed by a demon. And Jones is a lech?! I would've never thought that about him. And a 'lord of the dead'? Is he capable of enjoying the purities of life? "And of Bishop Anthoney?"
Irene: "A racist that hates all nonhumans, he's faithful to his god in a way, and will respect our agreement with his church but will look for ways to make our lives harder. His mind was unpleasant to be in." Irene shudders slightly at the memory. "All people have there faults, you needn't worry overmuch on your allies, they have good about them as well."

Hanako: "Um...earlier you said that your people were often pyschic. I didn't know that humans developed that ability frequently."
Irene: "I'm not human." She gives a slight smile.How will she react to this I wonder?
Hanako: *with amazement* "You're not?! I...is that why your pretty hair isn't a normal color? I...if you don't mind my asking..."
Irene: "I don't mind, yes, that's why my hair and eyes aren't normal" She give a light chuckle. "Thank you for the complement."
Hanako: *holding her hands closely to her heart* "Oh no, I mean yes, but no thanks are needed. You are very pretty, although I am sure you hear that quite often..." *rubs her hands up and down against her arms* "Perhaps we should start heading towards our destination for the night?"
Irene: Irene bite's he lower lip as if holding a laugh back. "Yes, that's probably a good idea."She's a lovely little thing, so very Innocent,it brings back memories.
Hanako: "Di...did I say something amusing?"
Irene: "It's more in how you said it than what you said, your cute when your flustered." Irene gives a soft smile and gets a faraway look in her eyes.

Hanako: She has that look again, as if she's almost lost in her thoughts. "Excuse me, Irene? Um...what is it you travel for?"
Irene: "Mostly, because any family I have is long dead and I have little to do. The world is ever interesting, I enjoy seeing more of it"
Hanako: *a look of sadness appears on Hanako's face* "Awww...that's so sad. I'm so sorry to have brought it up." *Hanako bows before Irene* "Please forgive my rudeness."
Irene: 'It's ok." She gives a soft smile. "If it still hurt me much I wouldn't have spoken of it." Irene shakes her head. "It was a very long time ago."
Hanako: "Well, if you don't mind me saying, it must not have been 'very' long ago...You look very young."
Irene: "Child, come harvest season I'll be one hundred and ninety seven."
Hanako: *surprised...again* "Whaaaat?! Y...you may even be older than Mother! You're very pretty for your age!"

Irene: "Thank you, I have a question for you as well." Irene pauses seeming to wonder if she should ask."You're not human, are you? Your mind doesn't feel like a humans, even a half human."
Hanako: *Holds her index finger to her lips and tilts her head* "Well, Mother says I am part elf and part human...but that I have been 'blessed' by her kind." Although, I never quite understood what Mother meant by that.
Irene: "Hn, that could be it, human thoughts have a feel about them, they're obsessed with time, perhaps because they have so little of it, they're always thinking of what they must do next and never take time to enjoy the world around them, your mind lacks that obsession."Her mind is so very pure, lacking the malice that taints so many being's minds even if they don't act on it.
Hanako: "But...I thought that it was sometimes imperative to be hasty...if what you truly love is in danger."
Irene: "That's true, your wise for one so young, but not taking any time to enjoy the world is a sad mistake all to many men make."
Hanako: "I didn't know that there were people who wouldn't enjoy Gaia. That seems...so sad. How can there be people like that?"
Irene: "I don't know, I've never understood their motivation's myself."

Hanako: *After a short pause* "Hmm...what about the drow's motivations? I've heard many stories with their cruelties to elves. I'm worried about our task... I don't want to give our group hardships!"
Irene: "You will just need to keep your ears covered, they're the only things that really point you out as elf blooded, perhaps pass yourself off as feerie touched or the like, the drow's malice to elves is legend so we shall simply make you appear as something besides an elf."
Hanako: *Has her index fingers' tips touching, twiddling them* "Faeries are fun to play with," Hanako mumbles underneath her breath. "But if all I need to do is hide my ears..." *Hanako pats the side of her head and smiles, "I 'should' be okay."
Irene: Irene smiles at that.I wonder what she meant by faeries. " You'll do fine, and the rest of us will protect you should you need it."
Hanako: *stands on her tippy toes* "Oooh...I think I can see the inn!" *points at a building a moderate ways away*
Irene: "Yes that's it, let's go we're almost there."

Irene: "That's a lovely instrument you have, I'd like to hear you play some time."
Hanako: "Hm?" *looks at the lyre hanging by her side* "Oh! I'd love to play for you...if you really wanted me to... ...Do you play?"
Irene: "I never learned, I was interested in it in my youth before my powers manifested"
Hanako: "Oh...well...still! Anyone can pick up an instrument. It takes the truly gifted to pick up an instrument without touching it!"
Irene: Irene laugh's at that a full loud laugh."Thank you dear, I needed that." She says with a smile on her face.
Hanako: *Hanako does a short giggle and winks at Irene* "Hee hee, it was nothing! That's why I'm here!" Wow, she even has an amazing laugh. This woman literally is the stuff of legends. She must be a hero.
Irene: Irene shakes her head and speaks as the two reach the inn's door, "This was fun, I'll have to talk to you often on this mission."
Hanako: "R...really? Okay!" *Hanako does a powerful nod as she says the last word*
Irene: Irene smiles. "I'll see you in the morning, Hanako," as she enters the inn and heads to the counter to pay for a room.

Hanako's end scene: *Hanako stands behind Irene, patiently awaiting her turn to buy a room. After a few moments the innkeeper hands Hanako a small key and Hanako gives the innkeeper their payment. While in her room, she unpacks her things and opens her window.
I love the air. I don't know how people can just stay crammed in a town without feeling it. Still, we probably have an early day tomorrow, I should lay down.
*while laying in her own personal bed*
"Goodnight, Mother," *Hanako quietly mumbles to herself before she leaves the material world for the realm of dreams.*

Irene's end scene:Irene walk's to her room and enters, after unpacking her weapons and gear and hanging her coat, she lies on her bed and reminisces on her human life over one hundred years ago.I miss you little sister, this little one seems so much like you hopefully she doesn't meet the same end.In her melancholy, it takes a long time for sleep to come to Irene.

[Hanako: I bought a single room for 1g. Also, I don't want the MW H. Crossbow. So I'll just take my 22 gold.]

[Irene:I bought a single room for 1gp, No H crossbow for me so my share of the 22 gold is mine.]

Last edited by Epic on Mon May 04, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

zombielord0

zombielord0

zen sits on his bead deep in thought. thinking of his life
being torn from his mother and father at the young age of 5.
being tortured and forced to fight and train with his young siblings and friends
till the age of 15. till he was put into the militia and forced into war having many of friends
die especialy one of his closets his brother shuko. (hint to justin for the side quest)
being killed by a evil man called bob a ballor his undead army was invaiding the lands of his fathers
and they were called into battle.back to back shuko and zen kill many undead and demons. then bob the ballor comes up from the ground and starts raining fire from the sky shuko decides to go off on his own and attempt to take him down not knowing that he stood no chance he charges screeming for
my fathers honor. zen screams in terror watching his brother being struck down with a crack of his fire whip and thrown down to the pits of hell.zen burst into a great rage he begins slaughtering all that he can.having being dragged away by twelve of his comrads. screaming and swearing that he will not rest till he brings bob down for what he has done.

(this is all being visualised in his head so if you have your detect thoughts on irene then you see all of this)

snapping outa trance zen grabs his sword and starts training intensly in his room.

As a New dawn comes over the inn the, party gathers in the main taproom of the inn, to finish whatever final perperations needed for the mission.

(feel free to take care of any last minute bussness youve all got guys like trying to get an advance out of the bishop or whatever outher preperations you may feel are nessasry before we leave it'll be a good bit before we get to a town even as large as the crap hole your all in now, keep that in mind.)

Epic

Epic

*Hanako awakes tightly wrapped in her sheets, hugging her pillow as if it was a long lost friend*
I know I wanted to see the world for myself... but I never imagined that it would be so sad to have no one to talk to you for so long.

*She gets up and heads to her window, seeing random passerby in the marketplace below setting up booths and stalls.
She then looks up to see the early morning's sky a brilliant glow of orange and pink as the sun just begins to peek up over the mountains from far away*
"Hello, Seraph. You have made the sky especially pretty today."

I should get ready, I don't want my friends to wait on me.
*Hanako begins/finishes her daily morning routine and packs her gear up for the day.
She then quietly heads down the stairs, to much of her amazement, see's Irene sitting at a table*

"Hi, Ms. Ir...." *She quickly closes her mouth*
She looks to be deep in thought. I shouldn't disturb her.

*Hanako gently places the map in front of Irene and then approaches one of the maids*
(In a low tone, so as not to disturb Irene)
"E...excuse me, would you happen to mind if I helped you clean until my friends are all awake?
Although, I do not posses my own apron." *She says while looking away from the maid*

The maid looks at Hanako, with a bit of surprise. She softly speaks, "Not at all, dear. We have some spare aprons in the back, I'm sure we have one that'll fit you. Brooms are right next to the door."

*Hanako heads into the back room and begins searching for something in the appropriate size.
She then hears what she believes sounds a lot like the 'lord of the dead' from last night.
Hanako then hastily finds an apron that is probably not 'fitting' but it does not drag close to the floor, and puts it on, wanting to see if anymore of her friends are awake. After grabbing a broom and heading out of the backroom, she see's to her disappointment, only the first maid, and the bartender fixing up some glasses, preparing for the morning tide of customers.*

That's strange. I thought I heard him...

*Hanako then uneventfully assists with sweeping the bar until she sees Kiz and Jones come down the stairs*

*She waves excitingly at them*
(In sylvan)
"Good morning, my friends! Oop.."
*She then cups one hand over her mouth, as if trying to not let the sound get away and then looks in Irene's direction*

*As Irene looks up and looks at Hanako, Hanako bows and says*
"I'm so sorry, Ms. Irene!"

*The rest of the morning passes uneventfully, until Zen arrives downstairs, in which case Hanako thanks the innkeeper for her night's stay and gives him her key. She then thanks the maid for letting Hanako clean with them; putting away the apron and broom*

After studying the map with the party, but before heading out for the day, Hanako mentions,
"I need to go to the marketplace before we continue. Does anyone need me to get anything while I am there? W...would anyone like to accompany me?

[So, as no one has claimed the MW H. Crossbow, I take it everyone is getting an additional 33G?]

[Also, for rules breakdown: It takes Hanako an extra 1hr. 15min. to get spells and prep myself for the day; this costed her 15gp in supplies to do so]

[Since it will be for quite a while longer, she will purchase her rare herbs [the 15g] in bulk so she wont run out while on the road; purchased 11 cases and used one, costing her 165gp. Her supplies will last her for 14 days if used daily]

These people are amazing. I'm sure that all of these people are worth their weight in stories, just like Ms. Irene. And today I get to spend the whole day with them! This is going to be fun!

[I had to alter this post so as to avoid time paradoxes, no matter how small.]

Last edited by Epic on Tue May 05, 2009 5:50 pm; edited 7 times in total

Irene wakes before the dawn's rise, and begins to gather her equpment and places it in the normal places she carrys them. Pulling on her coat she walks down the stairs to see if anyones awake yet, when she encounter's only a single maid, she takes a seat at a table to wait.

I need to stop wakeing before the sun rises, but sleep just dosn't have the appeal it once did

Irene quietly fall's into a meditative trance to focus her mind with her power, and time lost all meaning to her for a time, untell one of the party came down the stairs, Irene dosn't bother to look at who it is and continues her mental exersise's, then she hear's Hanako's voice ring out, giveing a cheerful greeting to the party, her voice speaking in sylvan trggering a deluge of memory's in the women's mind.

Images of a young Irene with blond almost white hair, clothed in a simple white dress, playing hide and seek in a lush forest with another girl who stand's a few inchs shorter, and share's Irene's hair color, and dressed in identical fashon, flash before her minds eye, while Irene seems almost painfully thin and pale, the outher girl seems healthy, she is sill small and thin both children are chating in sylvan inbetween turns of seeking.

Irene shakes her head and blinks several times to banish the flashback of a time over a century ago, she look's over to see hanako speaking as Kiz and jones come down the stairs. She looks to Hanako meeting her eye's before speaking.

"good morning, Hanako, It's allright you didn't disrupt anything." Irene reply's to Hanako's greeting as she try's to apologize for interupting, Irene speak's in sylvan aswell.

When hanako starts studying the map, Irene begin's to have a look at it aswell, to hopefully find out how long they will be on the road. As she reads she fingure's the gem on her silver necklece seeming to be lost in thought.

When Hanako ask's if anyone would like to come with her,Do I need anything at the market? I dont care she interests me."I'll come with you Hanako, I need a few things." Irene gives the girl a soft smile as she speaks Trying to reasure the shy girl with her eye's.

Perhaps i'll get to hear her play today or tonight once we get on the road, it would be nice It's been too long sence iv been in a town with any kind of music. There are far too few bard's among the Elan enclave's

Last edited by TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem on Tue May 05, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 5 times in total

zombielord0

zombielord0

zen jumps up and screams as the last thing he sees when he wakes is his brother dying...
in a deep cold sweat and his sword inpailing the bed."why cant i get over that one day its haunting my every dream and it makes me feel week.

putting on the leather strap around his arm he winces in pain as there is exreme third degree burns

walking down the stairs seeing the party gather sighs heavy and speaks under his breath
maybe killing the drow will make me feel more at ease

walking to the innkeeper i return the key and drop 25gp for repairs
"i apologize for the damage i caused here this should cover it"

moving to the party and looking down at the map "so were we going and can we get there fast
cause this place is destroying my calm."

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Kiz wakes up to the sun peeking through the window. "I KNEW I should have asked for a room on the west side of the inn. I am not a morning person at all. Must...wake...up. Need...tea!" Kiz drags himself out of bed and walks down to the innkeeper. "Good thing I don't have to worry about bed hair." Kiz thinks to himself as he is about to greet Irene, when he notices that she seems to be asleep at the table. "Wow. So are we the only two up this early? Well, insomuch as she is awake right now." Kiz smiles to himself and turns to the innkeeper.
Keeper: "Breakfast for you, sir?"
Kiz: "Tea. Hot, please."
Keeper: "Tea?" The innkeeper looks at the large man with a puzzled look.
Kiz: "Tea. And some bread and honey if you have it."

Kiz soon senses a familiar smell."That's odd. That's the same flower scent from last night." Kiz glances around the room. "And yet, there are no flowers present here, nor were there any at the bar last night. It would seem logical to assume that one of the women must be the source of that smell. Then again...". Kiz briefly pauses, imagining both Zen and Jones wearing scented perfumes. A large smile appears on his face, as he manages to stiffle his laughter so as to not wake up the entire inn.

After eating quickly, Kiz returns to his room and begins to pray, meditating on the spells he will select for today, on the meaning of his god's warnings, the identity of the White Raven, and on the teachings of his church. After about one hour's time, he takes his special book and selects a hymn from it, and begins to sing it in Celestial. (Imagine it in a bass voice)

"Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Si nos fui died per him , tunc nos vadum ago per him ; si nos habitum stabilis , nos vadum reign per him. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Si ullus unus servo mihi , tunc they must insisto mihi ; qua EGO sum , meus vernula ero. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Planto vestri domus in mihi ut EGO planto mei in vos ; qui subsisto in mihi gero ultum fructus. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Si vos subsisto in mihi quod meus vox ago in vos ; tunc vos ero meus discipulus. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Qui diligo mihi es diligo per meus Abbas ; nos vadum exsisto per lemma quod incubo lemma. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita.
Pacis EGO licentia vobis , meus pacis EGO tribuo vobis ; pacis quod orbis terrarum can - non tribuo est meus donum. Nisi a mica of siligoinis vadum cado sursum - humi quod intereo , restat tamen a singulus mica per haud vita."

After he finishes, Kiz carefully places his book back inside his backpack and dons his armor with a little assistance from (Dr.?) Jones (assuming Marshall's cool with this). Kiz then heads down the stairs and leaves to go talk to the Bishop with Jones, after greeting everyone who was already downstairs and glancing at the map for a bit. While Jones talks while eating, Kiz engages in a staring contest with Indi, mildly paying attention to what Jones says. After hearing Hanako and Irene make plans for the morning, Kiz turns to Jones and Zen. "So, are we splitting up or shall we travel as a group?"

Last edited by Fleet Admiral Baird on Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Admin
Admin

Sir Jones wakes to a knock at the door. Jones then grabs his whip and asks,"who is it?" "It is Kiz can you help me with my armor", replies Kiz. Jones stretches yawns and smacks his lips at the exact same time Indiana does. He stands up and walks to the door.

To Kiz's suprise Jones is fully clothed and has whip in hand as he opens the door.

"Bring the armor in here", says Jones gurffly. Kiz then nods and gets his armor.

After Jones assists Kiz he gets fully suited and heads down stairs and sits at the bar. He requests and large breakfeast and inbetween mout fulls of food he speak.

"Well we have to take care of the loot division" -Munch Munch Swallow- "So first I want to go see the Bishop and find out if we can get an advance" -Munch munch munch swallow- "Then we need to get everything appraised and what we don't want sold at the market"-slrrrrrrp-"Then we can divide up whats left and do some shoping. The faster we take care of this the faster we can get started"- munch munch crunch munch swallow- " Now we can either split up and meet back here to divi the loot, or we can all go together for protection and trust reasons."- crunch crunch chew chew munch munch crunch............-

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

"id say we spilt up we have much to do today, and we need to be on the road before nightfall."Irene stands as she speaks seeming ready to leave,"the swords won't be worth the cost of haveing them apprased sell them to a blacksmith for scrap, The crossbow is well mantained and should be worth a bit, that dagger may be magical someone may want to check."

Im surprised none of them thought of it, the blade's covered in sigil's. Ah the folly of youth.

"If anyone has any extra gold we may wish to stop by the shrine to pelor, there likely to have a few healing potions."
Irene takes a deep breath and give's a soft sigh,"hanako, what do you need from the market, something to maintain your more unuseual equipment I suppose?"

"one of us should head to the blacksmith with the swords, one more for the shrine if anyone thinks it an good idea, I'll sell the crossbow, I saw an arm's dealer seting up in the market the day before, he will likely be interested in it, at the same time hanako can get what she need's." Irene pauses and looks to Kaz and Jones "one of you may want to take a closer look at that dagger, or one of you can take it to be apprased."

"Anyone have any suggestions or objections?"Irene archs an eyebrow as she speaks, her face set in the same cold mask of indifference that she wore as she destroyed that man's mind the day before.

Epic

Epic

*looking at Irene, responding to her question*
"N...no. I just need to get some herbs that seem to only be native from my home.
They're not unusual."

*looks up to the side*
"Although they do help with my equipment.
Buuut, other than that, I don't need anything"

*Hanako smiles sweetly, and nods twice in the party's direction*

I do so hope we can leave soon. I want to really know who these people are! I get to bear witness to heroes!

zombielord0

zombielord0

*zen straightens out pushing himself off the table*

"well Irene i believe you got a good idea,now we just need to split into groups"
"i think that we should put me and Irene to go do our thing and the rest can go sell the swords
and go get the dagger appraised. Now that i think of it i it makes sense its engraved all over.

"plus i want to get to know her a bit more interesting person"

"Any objections ?"

*looks at the party sternly with arms crossed*

Admin

Admin
Admin

Asks for the dagger from whoever has it. His eyes then he mutters somthing and a mystucal blue mist begins to emanate around his eyes. The cloud seems to glisten as he focuses on the dagger.

"Well It is magical and from the looks of it evocation."

He then mutters somthing again and the mist disapears.

"The markings also seem to suggest it cause great damage."

Jones then grabs one of the poorly crafted long swords and strikes it lightly with the dagger. At first nothing, but then three other marks appear on the blade.

"Well I think I could put this to good use, but lets get our advance and cash in what we don't want then decide"

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

*Looks at Zen* "Is he ever in a good mood? Or is it only when other people are around?"

Kiz turns to Irene after gathering up the longswords, and says "Very well, I'll take the swords to the blacksmith. Would you care to accompany me, Jones? We can visit the bishop afterwards." Kiz stands up and pushes his chair in. "Before I go, I want to know. Where should we meet up before we set out? I think the best place would either be back here or near the shrine of Pelor, seeing as how that is an easy place to find. If that's all, then see you guys in a few hours."

(unless there is something else, Kiz turns and walks out of the door carrying the swords. Jones may be leaving with him.)

The trip is mostly uneventfull as each of your groups wanders the small open air market and the larger shop's like the blacksmith's, Kiz and Jones manage to claw five gold from the smith's greedy hands dispite the swords poor quilty.

Zen,Irene, and Hanako have little problem finding a place to buy her supply's an out of the way herbalest, has what she need's, Irene sells the crossbow to a merchants guard captin for a fair sum.

Most of the morning passes uneventfully untill the party gathers outside of the shrine of Pelor, to decied if they wish to track down the bishop to ask for gold or to start on the road to the wastelands and the underdark and Drow that lay beyond that.

(ok 34 gp for each party member for this bit, also if i dont see a post to talk to the bishop up before 12 pm to night this post will be closed and ill continue on. if Jones and Kiz (the ones who want to talk to the bishop in the first place) messege me before that ill move on sooner.if they decied they dont want to try to find him to talk to him about whatever they wanted, pm me or Im me and say so.)

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Kiz and Jones prepare to go talk to the Bishop Anthony about an advance on the payment. Kiz turns to the rest of the party and says, "Don't worry, we won't take long." Jones and Kiz confidently stride off to find Anthony. They soon find him at the in the party stayed the night at. The Bishop is dressed in normal clothes, sitting in the Inn composing a letter and savoring a drink of some kind.

Kiz and Jones approach the Bishop.
Kiz: "Evening sir, we're just about ready to head out."
Jones: "Hello Bishop it was a rough day yesterday. How are is your recovery coming along?"
Bishop Anthony: "Good, good I was just preparing to send a letter stating your acceptance to the Archbishop in the holy city."
Jones: "Well that sounds grand but first we must ask of you a favor before we go."
The Bishop gets an knowing glint in his eye "Very well, speak and I shall listen to your pleads for an advance, you're not the first of such bands of mercenaries I've acted as a liason for."
Kiz: "So then, how much are you willing to part with?"
Jones: Good we can cut through the bull crap
Bishop Anthony: "Not more than seven hundred apiece as anymore and some of you might think to run off with just it, damm your task."
Jones: "Let me discuss with my associate in private for a moment."
Anthony takes a deep draw from his tankerd. "Very well."

Kiz and Jones wisper to each other.
Kiz: "So what do you think?"
Jones: "Well It seems like a very genrous offer. He must have more!"
Kiz: "Well, I have it on very good authority that he won't screw us over, at least for this mission. So if you're worried about him skimping on the rest of the money, don't be."
Jones: "Do you haggle well?"
Kiz: "No, I'm not much of a people person or a merchant."
Kiz: "Well, can you haggle at all?"
Jones: "Damn! We will have to make do."
They turn to face the bishop

Jones: "We will accept your offer of eight hundered gold perperson but do not want it deducted from our original agreement."
Kiz smiles a bit. "Well, he's certainly sure of himself."
Bishop Anthony: "That's seven hundred boy, and the amount I offered you is the most the church will spare for mercenaries like you, it'll come from your pay."
Jones: "I know he can't put a price on that artifact. They will pay anything."
Bishop Anthony: "If you won't take up the quest than some paladins of Lathander will be returning from a campain soon and will be looking for worthy causes, they will also be less costly."
Jones: "You would put a price on such an artifact as that which we seek?!? And paladins would not even survive a day in a drow city they would stick out and be assassinated in short order.
Kiz: "Besides, surely such an artifact in the hands of the drow needs to be recovered immediately!"
Jones: "You need us cause we blend in! Cause we can go where you can't."
Jones: "Now all we ask is to be compensated when we are done and given the resources to do the job right, and after we saved your life you can't even do us this one favor."
Bishop Anthony: "The artifact has been in the hands of evil before, it'd always made its way back with only the minimal effort on the church's part, also there's not much the drow can do with it till the break the saint who wrote its wards untill they do it'll blast any evil beings mind who attempts to read it to ash."

(During this time Kiz and Jones are using Diplomacy, total result is 17)

Their argument seems to sway him a bit. "Allright I'll give you the eight hundred you asked for, but it'll still come out of your pay."
Kiz: *aside to Jones* "Sounds good, we should take it."
Jones: "Fine we shall take your offer."
Bishop Anthony: "Very good." He heads up to a room on the second floor and comes back a few minutes later with five sacks. "Now you and your fine friend, kindly leave me to my letter."
Kiz looks at the letter at the Bishop's side. It reads... (spot check = 20 [16+4])
Archbishop as I write you the mercenaries the seer's fortold of have left as was said, I've offerd them the gold as you said, they have inhum...
Kiz frowns slightly. "So this was evidently planned. We need to stay vigilant."
When they leave the inn Jones turns to Kiz and asks, "So what did it say?" As soon as they are a sufficint distance from the inn after taking the gold, Kiz turns and makes sure that no one is following them before telling Jones.
Kiz: "The letter reads, "Archbishop as I write you the mercenaries the seer's fortold of have left as was said, I've offerd them the gold as you said, they have inhum...""
Kiz: "That's all I was able to see."
Jones: "Well it sounds like we are part of some sort of prophecy. That is why they wen't looking for use instead of getting more reliable help."
Kiz: "I don't like it."
Jones: "To tell you the truth I don't know if I have what it takes to retrieve an artifact of that power from someone who had the skill to steal it, and I don't very much think the bishop does either."
Kiz: "Well, as long as we can survive the White Raven, I think we'll do well. Besides, we've got fate going for us."
Jones: "I know about prophecies and there are many a kingdom, hero, vilian, and ruler that failed to live up to the ones they had fortold. Trust me."
Jones: "Well his motives are now understandable he came here cause the church says we are saviors or part of a scheme that will cause a propheciy to fulfill."
Irene steps from semmingly thin air "Fate's relative, no one makes your destiny but you, also I wouldn't trust the good bishop's motives."
Kiz: "I suppose so. Shall we go- What! Where'd you come from!" Kiz turns toward Irene, surprized.
Irene gives a smirk. "I was in the room with you all the time, I simply clouded your minds so none noticed me."
Jones: "Great just don't go telling my secrets to the world Irene I am trying to keep all the ones that I know about you."
Kiz: "Following us? That certainly speaks of you trust for us."
Irene: "I didn't read your thoughts behond the day we ment to cloud your thought's dosnt require it"
Kiz: "Reading thoughts? Secrets? I'll have to ask her about that later."
Irene: "Nay I dont trust the Bishop his mind disturbed me a great deal."
Kiz: "Well yeah, The rest of him is disturbing too."
Jones: "Well what did that racist's thoughts say that pertain to our current situation?"
Irene: "I did't read his mind on the chace he'd detect me, I did however get a look at the rest of his letter."
Indi slips into Kiz's backpack and grabs a piece of jerky. He then leaps to the ground and eats it quickly. Then he then climbs on his master's back. During this time Kiz fails to notice Indi.
Kiz: "So, shall we head out then?"
Irene: "Yes I'll tell you all what the letter had on it when were away from here and far from men who can inform the bishop."
Kiz: "Indeed then. We should head out of town."

Epic

Epic

*Sitting alone outside the temple of Pelor*

Aww. Where did everybody go?

*Puts her finger to her mouth and tilts her head, running through her thoughts in her head*

Well, I know that Mr. Jones and Mr. Kiz went to talk to the man who hired us. *mental sigh* I probably wasn't asked to go because of my being not a human.
Then Ms. Irene went off to go...somewhere. She just disappeared in the crowds. And I guess Mr. Zen was more interested in finding her than staying with me, 'cause he just ran off shortly after to who knows where?

*lets out a small moan of disappointment*

Today was supposed to be my day with heroes. Hopefully they'll be here soon. It's sad being alone again.

*Hanako begins gently strumming the strings on her lyre, humming softly; trying to pass the time while she waits*

[No perform check as she is playing very softly. One would have to be within a few feet to even hear her notes.]

The party regather's quickly at the temple of Pelor, Irene apolagises to Hanako and Zen for leaveing so suddenly.

You all quicky leave town the midmorning sun on your backs, your gold bags a good deal larger than when you arived in this place.

(the end of the thread)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum