Desert Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Gamers

Place for me and my friends to hang out and stuff.

Every one please take a look at the Iron heroes forum under the topic books. Thank you.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Kiz quickly packs up his belongings and heads over towards the body. As he nears it, Kiz's eyes widen when he sees the mantle of the white raven. "Beware the White Raven, that is what my master told me. Not good." Kiz turns to the rest of the party. After hearing what the others have to say.

"Well, it would seem that I am the most knowledgeable on this subject, so let me explain all that I know about this symbol and the organization it represents." Kiz pauses, making sure he has people's attention. "The white raven is the symbol of a coalition of faiths dedicated to annialating magical practices that they all consider heretical. There are several faiths involved, including good, evil, and neutral ones. Some of the gods represented in this are Tyr, god of justice, Hour god of revenge, Cyric, god of murder, Bane, god of tyrrany, We Jas, goddess of death, and many others that I can't remember off the top of my head. This organization is not particularly choosy about who is a part of it as long as they can contribute resources and manpower to it. Most of the Northlands pantheon is associated with it, but just about every pantheon has someone who is a part of it. For example, from my homeland, I am quite certain that the evil god Set," (the jackass god, Kiz quietly muses to his amusement), "and his son Sobek, are a part of this collective. Also, quite often main-stream followers have no idea of their faith's involvement, but enough people are a part of it that I estimate their numbers to be approximately 10,000."

"And as for what they consider heretical, this includes various activities such as: pacts with otherworldly powers, binding Vestiges, shadowmancy, True necromacy, Truenameing, witchcraft, any trafficing with lower powers, and anything to do with the Far Realms, blackguards, exaulted champions, and paladins. There's a bunch of similar stuff that I'm probably leaving out, but I thing you get the general idea. Also, I believe that there is a prison fortress somewhere in this desert from which the order is based out of. Lastly, judging by our friend over there, I think that there is a group of White Ravens less than a day's travel from here, but I can't track them. These sands shift far too much for most to have a hope of following them. Oh, and before I forget, you can probably add rouge mages and psions to that list, seeing as how their power can not be monitored in some way by a god. Now if you'll excuse me, I will be preparing this man's body for his later journeys."

With that, Kiz then turns away and heads over to the body, and after searching around for some salt, begins preparing and embalming the body, using both the salt and several incantations from the golden book, which you see him pull out of his pack without even looking for it.

[Knowledge (religion) check 13(roll) + 7 = 20]
[note-the embalming process will take a half hour, and Kiz is free to take questions during this time.]

27Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Epic

Epic

Hanako, after listening to all that Kiz had to say, approaches him.

"M...Mr. Kiz, i...if you don't mind, I would be willing to help you with the process you are about to perform, so long as I...I don't have t...to get too close to our friend that we never knew."
I truly mean him no disrespect, but still, it is a...a... (Hanako's thoughts trail off)

"You are quite knowledgeable, aren't you, Mr. Kiz?" Hanako lets out a small laugh.
"I...if I may ask you, um...y...you mentioned that these people hunt those who use magic. W...What about myself? Would they really wish ill harm upon me!?"

I do so hope for an educated answer, not simply, "Better safe than sorry." That being thought, I wonder where Mr. Kiz acquired his knowledge... I should really ask him soon! ^_^

[If Hakizimana would prefer a conversation over my simple question(s), then just let me know, and we can try it when our schedule are in sync.]

28Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:28 am

Epic

Epic

Kiz looks at Hanako.
Kiz: "I'm not sure there is much you can do for him, the process requires a bit of knowledge to perform correctly. You are welcome to stay though."
Hanako: "W...well...um.. there... there are not any tools that you may require me to fetch?"
Kiz: "Well... if you have a dagger or other blade, that would be useful."
Hanako twiddles her thumbs in front of her heart, as if praying or merely fidgeting. "We...well, um.. you see.. I.. I do not possess such an object. I would imagine that our other companions may be more readiful.. but I believe they are preparing themselves for today's venture..."
Kiz: "It's probably best not to bother them yet. So... out of curiosity, where are you from?"

Hanako puts her left index finger to her lips, tilting her head to her right. "Weeeell... Mother merely referred to our home as 'The Forest.' Buuut... I had learned upon leaving my home that the world of Gaia had several forests, none of them being called by such a name. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly 'where' is for me..."
Kiz: "I come from a desert myself, so I have not seen any really big forests. What kind of trees were there?"
Hanako: "Um.." Hanako's eyes avert from Kiz's. "I am unsure of what kind they were, exactly. They were very tall and leafy. One could climb them or laze under them watching clouds and critters alike go by for hours. They provided very good shade, but allowed much sunlight in between them so the smaller plants may bloom, too." And those are some of my favorite plants. They were so pretty. ^_^
Kiz: "Hmm. They seem like the wood we imported from other places. The only fertile areas are by the river, and even there only shrubs are the tallest plants."
Hanako: "That sounds so sad... But, still.. all nature is pretty... it is just unfortunate when nature is wrathful and those who seek harmony within it are the ones who suffer.. something that has been seen by those who reside within the desert.. correct?"
Kiz: "Only during the storms created by the wind. Life is quite adaptable. The deserts have always been barren, but the dry winds are a force of preservation. Besides, no one really lives more than a day away from the rivers."
Hanako smiles sweetly and gives a slight giggle. "I love the water, it is such an amazing aspect of Gaia."
Kiz: "It is pretty much the only reason my lands are inhabitable. But the deserts are not bad. They are barriers that protect my people from outside forces." And a place of rest.
Hanako: "I believe my home, too, was quite good at keeping everything I loved safe. Mother usually had my kin and I hide when there were any wary travelers around, but that only happened a handful of times... Mother protected us well."

Kiz: "You hid whenever there were travelers? That would seem unnecessary."
Hanako looks up for a second, then her eyes return to Kiz. "Well, We are unsure how passerby would react to our way of life. Or if they might have ill intentions. So for those whom we did not invite into our family, we merely did not exist."
Kiz: Probably shouldn't bug her about it. "So, what are you going to do afterwards?"
Hanako: "A...after what? Do you mean our current adventure?"
Kiz: "Indeed."
Hanako: "I..." Hanako's expression becomes an almost blank stare for a second. "I do not know. I suppose I have not thought about what I would do. I will probably keep looking for more adventures to make my own story!" Hanako laughs a little as she finishes her sentence.
Kiz: "And you will do so forever?"
Hanako gasps. "N...not.. forever.. I would like to find my home someday, and be with Mother and the others. But to make my own stories into the world, to 'be' my own story in this world... is like a dream. To leave a legacy and know of having done something important."
Kiz: "But I am sure you will be able to wander for many years, even more than I have." At this, Kiz looks at Hanako. "You are more than a half-elf, aren't you?"
Hanako: "Hee hee. Ms. Irene asked me the very same question! Mother says that I am half human, and half elf.. but that I have been smiled upon by her kind as well."
Kiz: "Her kind? Who is your mother, exactly?"
Hanako: "Um..Mother is...um.. Mother... I suppose I do not know what she might be racially... I never thought to ask... In all truth, I do not know what Mother meant by her statement myself."

Kiz: "Well, I suppose she was connected in some way with the forest. Was her skin bark-like?"
Hanako: "Mother's? No... it...it was not. I have a kin or two with such a feature, but Mother had very soft fair skin, as mine is." Might he be able to decipher Mother's words?
Kiz: "You have kin... As in, your blood relations have such appearances?"
Hanako: "Hee hee, I have been accustomed to calling all that I hold close and dear as my kin."
Kiz: "I see. Was there anything special about your "Mother"? Umm... Any similarities or affinities to plants? Magic? Blinding beauty?"
Hanako blinks a few times blankly, then begins speaking, "Mother... is not really my mother... and I have no siblings.., but she is... well... my Mother now. She appears to be normal... she is very very pretty... but aren't most things in this world?"
Kiz: "Not all things."
Hanako: "And Mother also possesses magical abilities." Hanako giggles, "But so do you, Ms. Irene, and even myself!" But, I will have to think, ‘most’ things ‘are’ pretty, Mr. Kiz…
Kiz: "But all of our abilities come from or have been enhanced in some way by our training. Some beings do not even require this. Was your mother close to the forest?"
Hanako: "Well, we are all very close to the forest. All of my kin lived there, it gave us happiness."
Kiz: Nice work.

Hanako: "B...but.. er.. I apologize... we have been talking soo much about me.. What of Mr. Kiz?"
Kiz: "Ah... Well, what do you want to know about me? And one last thing about you first. Are you aware of fey?"
Hanako: "Oh! I have heard amazing stories of the fey! Most of them are truly good and have protected and helped so much of Gaia... Some of my very close kin are fey."
Kiz: "Do you believe your Mother to be fey? Because I do."
Hanako tilts her head to the side. "Hmm.. I would not know. She is not like any of the other fey that reside within our forest. I do not know..."
Kiz: "Well, it is something to consider. And something to think about your being smiled upon by her. But what would you ask of me?"

Hanako: "Hmmm..." Hanako's hum slightly trails off. "You do know much of our friend here." I do so hope I am not impeding Mr. Kiz. "If I may ask... W...where did you acquire such knowledge? I had only known of the symbol being used by a church of several deities that hunted that which was heretical."
Kiz: "Well, being a member of a clergy does grant me access to more knowledge on the subject than most people. Plus, I tended to be a noisy little acolyte during my training. All in the search of knowledge..." Kiz grins at Hanako.
Hanako returns Kiz's smile. "Wow.. You must know of some amazing stories then! Right?"
Kiz: "Well, only ones pertaining to a religion in some way. We tended to not see the outside world a whole lot during our clerical duties."
Hanako: "I know how you must have felt! I have barely seen much of Gaia. I only recently left my home..."
Kiz: "How long ago was that?"
Hanako: "Um... My best guess would have to be three or four full moons ago."
Kiz pauses, thinking for a moment. "So fairly recently, then? I've been stationed at that hole of a town for half a month, and I'm glad to move on. Being a liaison can be quite difficult."
Hanako nods. "Yes, it was quite recent. But I have managed to travel far in my short amount of time. Although, I was not aware of you being in that...that most characteristic of towns for very long. I had just arrived in the town that afternoon. Nor was I aware you were a liaison of sorts.. for whom, if I may ask? Do we know them?" Hanako seems to be leaning slightly forward with eagerness as she asks her questions.
Kiz: "I am more of a diplomat really. You see, I am sent to the churches of other deities as a liaison from the clergy of Anubis. At that town I was maintaining relations with the clerics of the local deities. Some of them can be quite... overbearing. And their clerics too."
Hanako: "A...nu...bis," Hanako sounds out the word. "Is..er...um.. w...well.. is...he the..um...er.. does your deity share any similarities with Nerull?"
Kiz (frowning): "No. Death is a natural process, one which does not need any help."
Hanako: "Yes, death is an unfortunate part of nature. It brings much sadness. But to those who threaten our world, it is a just end! However.. um.. I.. I had heard that your deity was a lord of the dead.. was that information mistaken?"
Kiz: "No, no. That information is quite true. But, my culture has a different view of death that yours. Death is not to be feared as much where I come from, especially considering the fact that one of our most powerful gods is dead himself."

Hanako: "Oh! I am most sorry!" Hanako bows to Kiz. "Please forgive me! I never thought of how another might view such an event. My thoughts are merely that spirits go with a proper deity at their time and the body itself returns to Gaia. To put it in so few words."
Kiz: "There is no harm done. Our spirits too travel to their gods at death, but the body is still the house of the spirit. As such, it is the duty of my church to preserve the bodies of the departed."
Hanako tilts her head and nods slightly. "Oh, I see. That is most interesting." I wonder what other beliefs of things there must be in this world!
Kiz: "Any other questions you might have?"

After hearing nothing for a bit, Kiz looks at Hanako as he finishes with the head. During the conversation, Kiz has been slowly working on removing the dead man's brain from his head and using salt to dry out the man's body. Kiz sees that Hanako has her back turned to him. "So, you seem uncomfortable."
Hanako remains with her back to him, her ears covered, her body trembling. Hanako speaks, slightly louder than normal, "I...I am v....very very sorry, Mr. Kiz! I...I...c...cannot watch..."
Kiz: "No one is forcing you to watch."
Hanako: "P...please... just.. please allow me the time to know when I may turn around, M...Mr. Kiz."
Kiz: "Of course. Anything else you want to ask me?"
Hanako: "Um.. I will allow you the time to finish your current procedure, sir! Just.. please let me know when I may turn around."
Kiz: "As you wish."

Kiz works on for a few minutes, then disposes of the waste products and starts cleaning up. "You may rotate your body by 180 degrees at this moment."
Hanako remains still for a few seconds. 180 degrees? That is.. oh! I may turn around to face him again! Hanako turns and slowly turns her face to see Kiz, fortunately just as he finishes his cleaning up. "My apologies for that, Mr. Kiz. You are very brave to do such things for this man."
Kiz: "Not really. I have performed much more elaborate and complex mummifications than this one. And it is my duty to do so for the dead."
Hanako: "Still, I am sure they are most grateful." Kiz may notice at this time that Hanako's eyes are very watery. As he may, Hanako turns her head. "So, Mr. Kiz... what do you believe this particular being's life was before such a tragic event?"
Kiz: "I do not know. Are... are you crying?"
Hanako folds her arms, wrapping around her mid torso. "I...I.." Hanako continues to look away. "It is.. I.. um.. c...ca...d..do not..er..." Hanako's arms are shaking at this moment.
Kiz: "Are you alright?"
Hanako closes her eyes. "I.. I am just.. not comfortable around... 'that'." She says the final word with vagueness.
Kiz: "Then perhaps we should relocate the rest of our group. Please go on ahead, I will join you in a moment." Kiz then begins to move the body into the hole it was originally found in.
Hanako: Hanako slowly nods, still quivering. She then heads back towards the rest of the group to inform them of our soon to be coming departure. I will not be a liability. I could I have promised something like that? I do not know of what our futures hold, nor am I alright with all things in this world... I just...

[We may continue more discussion with more characters at camp or during the day's journey ahead of us. Let us just start moving this game once more! ^_^]

29Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

before hanoko and kiz's conversation Jones and his familiar bail behind the large boulder and you hear groans and moans of pain and the unmistakable sounds of boul movment. After there converation they both return and make there declaration. " We cannot eat magicall generated food as you can tell by what just happened. So please give us fair warnning of the origin of our feast next time" Now that I can think clearly, didn't we see that symbol somthing to do with the bishop? There might be more than what meets the eye about this mission, and I wonder if there is anything else I can add to our current information. As

making every relevent knowledge roll to the subject of this organization and there current fortrees in this desert.

Also out of character did you take off the mans cloths I want to keep them just in case we might have to pay these guys a visit.

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

30Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Epic

Epic

Hanako does not see anything Jones did nor did she hear any of his words when she returned from the conversation.

As Hanako approaches the group, she merely asks the party, "Are we prepared for today's venture?"
(At this time, she makes sure not to look anyone in the eyes.)

31Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:19 pm

zombielord0

zombielord0

zen clearly states "yes hanako im ready to go i want to get outa here before we get jumped by more than our fare share of goons."

"finally were moving i really feel unseltled staying here this long when we could be being tracked"

32Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 pm

TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem

As the party gathers back together going over any last minute check's of there equepment and the like, Irene stands faceing the path deeper into the waste, she wordlessly ajusts the hood of her cloak to cover her eyes from the sun and secure's her backpack.

The party continues there march into the deasert, each lost in thoughts or conversations as they walk.

[Last chance for any rollplay before we get to the first major encounter of the adventure, so if anyone wants to do a conversation nows the time]

33Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 pm

The wastelands were every bit as unplesent as the day before as you marched across the trackless sands.
After three hours of travel you come across sounds of combat echoing in the distance, A group of poeople being harried by men at arms mounted on horseback.

At least one of the people being chased is a child, you cant tell much more from this distance the groups runing quickly and will be apon you in a short time, the knights are only a short distance behind them, that do you?

{feel free to make spots checks for more inforamtion cast spells or other skills or preperations you feel like makeing also Id recomend a plan before they get there perferably eith a plan b if the first one gos south}

34Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 am

zombielord0

zombielord0

*zens hands grippen on his sword as he hears the combat in the distance*

"Attacking defenseless people is such a dishonerable thing that is
unforgivible they must pay for what harm they have caused to these
people!"
zen focuses harder on the rest of the fight
attempting to get better footing from rocks and such. (spot roll 20+2 wis=22 total)

[i believe that we should draw any ranged weapons we have and
use those till they get close using cover would be preferred. I am
unsure of what our casters can do as far as buffs so maybe we should discuss this
further on the other forum or in yahoo.]

35Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Kiz dashes between the other members of the party, casting a Bull's Strength spell on Zen and a Eagle's Splendor spell on Hanako. He then finds a good area of cover, takes out and loads his crossbow, and scans the horizon, preparing to identify the two groups.

Kiz quickly asks the group, "might I suggest that we not attack until we are certain of their identities?"

Important Stuff
cast Bull's Strength
cast Eagle's Splendor
Spot check = 12 (roll) +4 = 16 total
Knowledge (religion) = 7 (roll) +9 = 16 total
Knowledge (arcana) = 10 (roll) +7 = 17 total

These activities should take about 4, maybe 5 rounds.

36Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghastly Grim and Ancient Raven Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Epic

Epic

[I will try to make this neat, not really fancy]
(Original spot was 13)

Round 1: [Attempt to get a better view with rerolled spots. (Totals were 11 and 4)]

Round 2: [Retry on Spots. (First roll was a 21, totaling 210 feet. Second being less)]

Round 3: [More rolls, but none beating the highest one. ]

Round 4: [More rolls, but none beating the highest one.]

Round 5: [More rolls, but none beating the highest one.]

Round 6: [Hanako casts "Wind Borne Songs" on herself.] Hanako mumbles, "Ehlonna, please believe in the sands of this desert and carry my songs with their winds"

Round 7: [Spotted 19 men on horseback 200 feet out gleaming in chain armor and well maintaned arms. Each has a cloak like mantle around him with a white raven stitched into it. No new information contracted about Order of the Raven.] Hanako spends a move action to point the men out to the rest of the party. [Hanako sets her action that when the Horses come within 180 feet she acts.] "Please, my friends. Do not harm the horses."

Mid-Round: [Once activated, Hanako attempts bardic music 'Calm Animals'. She can target 7 of the horses and will attempt to get the ones in the lead of the enemy group.] A swift breeze blows past Hanako as her hair blows freely in this wind while she begins to sing. Seemingly, the wind stops blowing near the group and seems to be on a direct path towards the Horseman as 7 horses leading the charge seemingly stop in their tracks. (Any other horses following their example remain to be seen.)

Round 8: [Attempts to make an Int. check (total 20 (19 roll + 1 Int)) to see which horseman may have lead. Then attempts a Bardic Music Charm Animal for his horse to rear him off. [Will save DC = 15] Then have the horse trot riderless within 90 feet or else stay for one more round to attempt it again.]

Round 9: [If the other horses do not seem to follow, total 16 on Int. to find a leader to try again. and Repeat with rear and walk forward to have other horses follow. 'Wind Borne Songs' ends. Calm animals range reduced to 90 ft.]

Round 10: [Draws harp. Continues concentrating on Calm Animals if still effective. [Has been concentrating since original cast.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wind Borne Songs - 2x area of effect for next Bardic Music.

Calm Animals - Song of the Wild. May not affect any Animal whose HD exceeds my level + Cha (currently 7). Any threat will break the affect. Animals afected will not move nor attack. No save. May target 1 plus my Cha bonus due to Virtuoso path. (Because of Kiz's Eagle's Splendor, my total bonus is +6)

Charm Animals - As the spell, costs no additional Bardic Music and must be on a target already affected by Calm Animals. May only target one creature. Allows a will. (current DC = 15)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum