Desert Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Gamers

Place for me and my friends to hang out and stuff.

Every one please take a look at the Iron heroes forum under the topic books. Thank you.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New D&D 4th Edition Campaign

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Sun May 24, 2009 3:18 am

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

Hey peoples!!

I have been planning on a 4th Edition Campaign set in the Forgotten Realms during the Spellplague (ask me what that is if you have no idea). If anyone is interested, let me know. We need a minimum of atleast 4 players. I'll obviously be DMing.

2New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 pm

TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem

TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem

eh... I dont like the 4th ed rules much but I might be willing to play. depends on whos playing when and were its at.

If I do join in, a warlock of some kind is what ill run.

3New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Epic

Epic

I've always been very curious about 4th Edition!
As long as it fits with a schedule I can keep up with, and I can keep myself reliable, I'm probably in..
I'll probably run whatever the group needs...but if that doesn't matter..
Half-elf Paladin looks the most likely for me!

(By the way, I'm sort of unfamiliar with 4th Edition rules...)
(Although, I am unsure of my ability to be reliable, eh heh heh heh)

4New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

4th Edition isnt that hard to learn if you already know the rules for 3.5 or the World of Warcraft RPG rules (they're the same thing except the factions). It would most likely be at Battlezone on Saturdays. If Friday is a better day for people, let me know. I cant start playing on Sunday because i got a job with the sunday paper and work from about 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, then curfu is 9:00 pm until summer break comes around. If you have a better location and day, and a specific time you want to start, let me know, we can figure something out.

5New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Tue May 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well every other sunday is when I am running my game or gaming get together where we play somthing table top oreinted. I can't show consistantly if it is every saturday or firday. cause I have things I would like to do other than gaming but if it an every other weekend thing I might be able to participate.

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

6New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Tue May 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

Oh no, not every friday or saturday (whatever we choose). I'm only going to do atleast twice a month, every other week. If there's 5 weeks in a month, then the 5th week we'll play. It'll basically going to be 1st week, 3rd week, and sometimes 5th week.

7New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well we shall coordinate cause I want people coming to my game too. So I might as well ask the question.

For those of you who are considering playing in dereks game would you consider it easier to do it on the same weekend as my game or would you like it on oposing weekends?

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

8New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

I dont want to stop you from DMing your game at all. And I dont care whether its on the same weekend or not, its mostly up to the players to decide.

9New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

If you guys have friends or family that want to play, let me know, I will gladly welcome the extra players.

Now, something about the spellplague. Spells may cause MASSIVE damage, and i dont mean like a big hole in the city, i mean nuclear bomb massive. Clerics will obviously be needed to heal. Maybe a warlock or wizard. You can still you spells, you'll just have to roll a percentile die and for 1st lvl spells, you'll have a 5% chance of it exploding, but even then it wont do much. Higher up in level will increase the chance of it doing massive damage. Sometimes it can be good, but others, it can be bad. For every spell level (if its an At-will and doesnt have a spell lvl, it counts as your lvl) it increases by 1, so a lvl 2 spell has a 6% chance of doing bad stuff, to a maximum of 35% chance. The higher spell level, the more damage it can cause. For example, lvl 1, is sorta like a grenade going off, lvl 30 is a like a nuke, or opening a portal to another dimension that can suck in half the world

10New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

I'm sorry, only Arcane spellcasters will have that percentage chance, due to the fact that the arcane spell weaves are broken. Divine casters, such as the cleric, paladin, warlord, druid, etc, will NOT be affected by this at all.

11New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

I will make it to Battlezone on Saturday around 12:00 with the 4th Edition books to make characters and character sheets to obviously, put your character on.

12New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

Again, just a reminder, I'm at Battlezone Comics tomorrow at 12:00 - 12:30 making characters. I would like atleast 2 of you to be there to make characters, if you cant make it, I understand.

13New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Epic

Epic

I apologize, i was hoping to have an answer by now involving this weekend.
It is probably best to assume that I will not be present..
And if I can make it, I will just be a surprise.. once again..
My apologies..

14New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Empty Re: New D&D 4th Edition Campaign Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 am

Deadchaos

Deadchaos

Hello again.

We made characters today with a couple of people from the store, we started the campaign when we finished (and i got some food, i havent eatin in 3 days Razz) and some of the main story arcs and characters in game. I'll give a brief run down of the game.

Characters started outside the port town Waterdeep, about to head on in to find some adventure and other crackpot stuff to do. They ended up heading down to a Tavern called the 'Sleeping Goat'. There they found a WANT warrant for a mine to be cleared that had recently been occupied by Kobolds. The adventurers headed off to the Spine of the World where the mine was located. Along the way, they encountered a small flaming imp type creature. After it vanished back into the bushes, they tied up their horses and began the long climb up the mountains. They entered a cave in the side of the mountain that led into the mine. After being ambushed by Kobolds upon entering the cave (which they quickly dispatched), they headed down toward the main mining area. The Dragonborn Warlord fell down a shaft, but caught his balance half-way and slid down a ladder the rest of the way. After they entered a 100 ft. expansion of mining area, they killed the Kobold Laborers and miners in the mine, and left. Before leaving, the found Kobolds they hadnt even gotten to, killed by something that seems to burn. They headed back to Waterdeep to come upon another group of Adventurers that had been taking care of a group of Highwaymen/Bandits that had attempted to rob them. After meeting up with the other adventurers, the other adventurers introduced themselves as Amensas the Paladin, Alinoes the Wizard, and Cuddles the Deadly Halfling Rogue (his name is Cuddles cause he's cute and cuddly, but deadly at the same time). After finding out that the adventurers carried magical items, which are very rare during the Spellplague, Alinoes the Wizard agreed to give the group magical items. They headed into town and recieved the reward for killing the Kobolds and slept at the Tavern for the night. They headed to Alinoes's Estate the next morning to recieve their enchantments, but fell upon the quarintined area of the diseased called the Spellscarred. They bribed the guards to let them pass and had a straight shot to the Wizards house. After reaching the Wizards house, she took them down to her basement and Enchancted their weapons with magic, carefully imbuing them with runes of power.

And that is where we left off. We are currently planning a time this week when we can play again. If you would like to suggest a time, let me know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum