Desert Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Desert Gamers

Place for me and my friends to hang out and stuff.

Every one please take a look at the Iron heroes forum under the topic books. Thank you.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Begining AKA genaric inn start no.3.....with a twist

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem

You approch an dirty ramshackall bilding in the bad part of a no name bomb town on the borderlands, It's the inn the message sitting in your belongings spoke of. The windows of the inn are tarnished and stained the walls old and roting altho the sounds from inside point to a fair crowd, as you approch the door you notice an old weather beaten sign with the Inns name writin on it in bold black letters "The Drown Fowl" besid the name was a picture of a pond with a small colction of bubbles near the center. The door creaks loudly as you open it and step inside.

The inside of the inn is filled with the stong smells of smoke,booze, and sex with many rather disreputable looking men sitting around wooden tables or at a old looking bar made of a deep black wood, an tavernmaid moves quickly between tables dilvering orders to noisy patrons you look quickly through the crowd to find a man in a white robe with a brocch in the shape of a Ring with a silver cross in the center of it with 5 rubies spaced through it. He looks as the letter you receved describes him and you assume he's the contact the message told you to meet.

(introduce your charcter and give a discrption of what they look like then have them sit with the man whos the contact youve all been sent to meet. he will then explan why your all there.)

zombielord0

zombielord0

walks into the old beaten down inn and looks around, "this place is a dump full of morons,
and it appears that i am the first one here so my party is obiviously a bunch of slackers or better known as meat shields"

walking over to the man i slap down my paper and anounce my self...

(My name is zen, 5'6" black hair dark blue eyes ,about 160 lbs nice shiny breastplate with a jade encrested pheonix in the back of it and a longsword sticking out the top with the same desighn in the hilt. He has a back pack over one arm, and what appears to be black leather straps wrapped around his arm. He appears to have a belt full of glowing blue vials and a quiver of arrows with the same symbol on it as the breastplate engraved in it. He wears one ring that seems to glimmer in the light. His boots are black leather with straps of leather going across the shoe sleek, zen is a well built man not a rediculis buff man,the only thing that makes him look buff is his breastplate.

so what is it that you need sir and will it be worth my while?

Last edited by zombielord0 on Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Epic

Epic

Aww, I can't see a stage... There's SO many people here, is it behind one of them?
Hmm, they probably couldn't hear me anyways...shoot

*Approaches the table where the party is seated and greets herself*
*bows* She speaks in a very young and gentle voice, "Salutations, friends. My name is Hanako. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. While I am still unsure of why I am here, I will try to not be a liability."

Why would this gentleman pick such a...characteristic...meeting place? It's much nicer outside.

(Hanako is a 5' tall otherwordly creature. She has slightly slanted eyes for a human, but that's not what gives away her non-human appearance. She has silvery-white hair that falls to her ankles in length. She has a few beads in her hair, making a two loops on either side of her head. She doesn't appear to be wearing any armor. In fact, her clothing seems more fit for being flashy and tumbling than having any combat capabilities at all. Her outfit is a deep green with various silver, gold, and white designs amongst it. She wears a doublet bearing similar designs that hangs from her front and back, about 12 in. from her waist. She also has an interesting belt around her waist with a few goldish-green leaves around it. (For further ideas on concept, please consult the drawing). For weaponry, all that is noticed is a Light Crossbow and a spell component pouch at her side. She also seems to be carrying a harp-like instrument on her left side (a lyre for those who know the difference). She has a simple sack over her shoulder and otherwise seems to be carrying not much. For more physical stats: fair skin, 5', 100lbs., blue eyes, silvery hair, female, not a human. She seems to smell like flowers, but not any type most would recognize.)

*looks to the man dressed in white*
"Excuse me, but I have a question."
*Raises her index finger to her lips and tilts her head a few degrees to the side, something the party will come to find is quite common when Hanako is unsure of something*
"I'm sorry, b..but, How did you get this note in my bag?"
*Holds the note up*

Last edited by Epic on Tue May 05, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Admin
Admin

A man grabs at one of the serving wenches and begins molesting her, the door creeks open. The woman slaps the man full on the face.

"I'll teach you!", the man says raising his hand to strike.

-Crack-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVNNhBtBbOs

A leather whip is raped around his wrist. He turns to see a bald man standing little under six feet tall. he is wearing a leather jacket over a white shirt. Complemented by his leather boots and leather suspenders. He also sports a bandoleer filled with rolls of paper. A belt with pouches holding vials of unknown liquid. He sports a second whip on his belt and a "well used" backpack.

The room becomes quite.

"Let her go cause the next one is personal", says the bald man unleashing his second whip which is riddled with spikes. The man releases her and the inn with haste.

The bald man walks up to the robed figure coiling his whips. "Hello Bishop Anthony my name is Sir Jones. Hunter of ancient knowledge and follower of Fharlaghn. I hope you have something to that might peek my interest. Please lets grab a booth and discuss the matter over a drink or some food perhaps."

http://desertgamers545.heavenforum.com

The door creeks open once more moments after Sir Jones entered, and a tall thin women walks into the room.

She stands around six foot tall but her frame is lith and slight, her waist length hair is an unusual black blue color, her face set with the high cheek bones and sharp face common in noblity, her strangest physical feature is her eyes a deep crimson with black flecks in the iris, they almost seemed to glow in the dark gloom. The woman is dressed in a simple gray long sleeved top that leaves her shoulder's bare covering her legs is a long dark red skirt with a long slit up the side of it to give more moblity to her legs, you catch a glimps of pale white skin as she walks, her feet clad in simple brown boots. Over this she's got on a long black coat that go's down to her ankles the heam of it is decorated with purple clouds(japanese style).

At her waist on a black leather belt sits a thin purple crystal rod and beside it is a large brown pouch, on her opposite hip you can see a sword hilt, it's plain and unadorned. Around her neck rests a simple silver chain with a large violet stone set in a sliver inley,resting on her wrist's sit a pair of purple crystal bands. She carrys a well worn bag on her back.

The women spots the gathering party almost as soon as she walks into the room, her red eyes scan each one in turn as she approchs. She reachs the table and slightly inclines her head in greeting as she reachs them."greeting, my name is Irene, hopefully it will be nice working with you." she speaks softly but you get the feeling you would have herd her even if you pluged your ears. Irene takes a seat at the table and pulls a peace of paper from her coat.

Last edited by TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Hmmmm...
So we have a dashing explorer, a woman with red eyes, a man with hair that could double as spiked armor, and a... a twelve year old girl? All sitting next to the supposed contact. Sounds like your average freelance team.

This 6 ft. 1in. man is covered from head to toe in an intricate suit of finely crafted black full plate armor. With his helmet off, you can see that he has no facial hair whatsoever, and his skin is a dark brown, with brown eyes. The other patrons have left him alone at his table, possibly owing to the fact that the armor is covered in spikes and barbs (no hugs). Besides a wooden symbol, there are a few pouches hanging from his belt and a backpack on the table. On my back there is a shield with an ankh painted on it, minus a few chips, as well as a small crossbow and several bolts, with a mace hanging from my side. The mace's head is in the form of a jackal, and cast in silver.

Kiz finishes his drink, plinks a tip inside the empty mug, and stares at the invitation.How did this even get in my bag? Still, it's certainly better than remaining here. That reminds me, I really should send an update to the High Priest back at the temple.

Kiz gets up from the table, picks up his pack and puts on his helmet, and heads over to the rest of the group. Why do I smell flowers in this scumhole?<sniff>And is that the scent of grave soil I detect? Sitting down, he introduces himself. "Hello, my name is Kiz, and I take it you're the man I want to talk to?"

The man looks to each of you with his deep blue eyes, "welcome each of you, my names is Anthony, Bishop Anthony, and thank you for comeing to hear the Church of St. Cuthberts offer." he speaks in a deep alomst raspy voice that reminds you of boots on graval.

"The church would like you to retrive a lost artifact that we have recently recovered the location of, this wont be a simple task as the item is in the hands of an drow by the name of mindshard, in the Drow city of Erelhei-Cinlu." he looks into each of your eyes as he speaks. "This won't be an easy task so the church is graeatly rewarding those who accept this task, 20,000 gold worth in gems coins or outher monatary objects, free healing at any temple of the fath and a favor with reson wether it be to track down a rare item or resurect a friend, this is what the archbishop offers each of you." anthony takes a long drink from the tankerd in front of him before continueing.

"we ask you to recover a book for us from the depths of the undark in the hands of a drow the book is called the scrpture of saint Rachael." he pauses for a moment and takes another drink. "the book is indistutable to almost anything so the drow wont have damaged it, so what say you?"

Last edited by TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Admin
Admin

I order a steak dinner with a glass of whiskey and bottomless glass of water.

"Would you be a doll and get me some steak and whiskey and a nice glass of water too. Thanks", i ask the nearest serving wench.

"Oh and i hope you don't mind covering the tab tonight Anthony I seem to be short on change. I would very much like to read this book. Do tell me though do you have anymore details to where the book is or anybody who might know more."

The serving wench smiles at Jones as she leaves to fill his order.

Anthony looks at sir Jones and speaks "I'v no issues with taking the tab." he mutters. "we have only been able to narrow down it's location to the heathen drow city, luckly it's one of the only drow citys that admits outsiders, and mindshard is like most drow diffacult to scry at the best of times." the Wench arives with Jones order moments after Anthony finishes speaking

"Any outher questions?" Anthony asks the group.

Last edited by TwistingChaos,HiddenDreem on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : glareing spelling error)

zombielord0

zombielord0

zen looks around the table thinking to him self"what a lousy bunch of whimps im being grouped with.well at least they might make good cannon fodder"

"I have a question for you sir anothony exactly how powerful is this book you speak of and after looking around the table and heering the same question asked i would like to know how this letter came to be in my backpack? for i dont upresiate people touching my things.

"another thing the sir jones guy looks audly familiar like i know him from somewere hmm.

when the serving wench walks by i ask in a very annoyed voice

"may i get some wine this dump is making me want to drink"

Epic

Epic

Uh oh, Dark elves...they're very unkind people. But...I promised I wouldn't be a liability.
Wait, did he say the Scripture of St. Rachael?.

"That's it! St. Cuthbert's record of mortality!"
*looks around at the rest of the party*
"I mean....oops.."

Well, this is a chance to explore some more, before I go home.
I can get a story to tell!

"By the sounds of things, I'm in! Buuut...*tilts heads* Why did you pick me?"

Last edited by Epic on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bishop Anthony looks to zen.

"The Book your looking for is a powerfull artifact of the church, it's used in the in the banishment of deamons and
elimination of the unholy dead." he takes a drink and continues speaking."as for the note we used one of the temples seers along with some powerful magics to give these to anyone in the region with the potental to succeed on this mission."

(Bardic knowlage on The Scrpture of St. Rachael: The book is an apothisis artifact form when St Cuthbert was a mortal it was writen by one of his first fallowers and is named after her. the book it's self Records much of St. Cuthberts mortal life through the eyes of one of his followers,Its also reported to have binding and powers against
the undead and demons)

(Bardic knowleage Mindshard: you know nothing about this drow)

zombielord0

zombielord0

hmm well i believe getting this artifact would be a good chalange for my abilities then
and ill always hop in when it comes to killing some drow.So ill go and bring these guys with me
so there not bored

thinking to himself "weres that damn wench with my wine"
starting to look a lil agravated zen walks over to the bar

and asks in a stern voice "can i get a glass of wine cause you trash heap of a inn smells horible and i need something to drown it out before i start killing everyone in the room.

The Bartender a large man who's face rather looks like it was smashed against a Boulder many times, taps you some wine from a large barrel behind the bar."don't go startin fight's in hear now sir, we only have three servers and it's a busy night." His voice is deep and booming as he speaks.

Epic

Epic

(i decided to omit this post as it did not fit my character's personality)

Last edited by Epic on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Admin
Admin

If the man treats the serving wenches right he would get his stuff early. Also Anthony must not be happy about half this group being nonhuman. The racist is hiding his contempt for the elan and whatever the girl is pretty well. Mmmmm and this steak is delicious!

"Well a chance to hold a piece of history like that is worth risking my life for, and even the most indecent of folks seem to have dislike for the drow. Just give us a map or some directions to that city you mentioned and i think we will be good."

I mumble something incoherent under my breath while having my hands under the table. my voice steadily rises into what is a prayer to Fharlanghn.

"and i thank ye Fharlanghn for giving me this opportunity to serve good and to have a chance to see an artifact most renowned and guide us safely there and safely back but not too safe make it a little interesting. Thanks Fharlanghn your the best."

what an odd group and some of there thoughts are very disjoined, well I can work with them as long as they don't betray me

"I'v no problem joining this mission, so long as I can trust my ally's, I do want a look at that book before we finish though."

as Irene said this the black flecks in her eyes seemed to dissapte, and she seemed to relax into her chair a bit."please bring me some water please."turning to face the tavernmaid as she spoke."It's nice to meet you all I suppose."she says as she looks back to each of the rest of the party.

(dismissed Detect thoughts psionic power)

Fleet Admiral Baird

Fleet Admiral Baird

Mindshard, so, the drow probably has psionic abilities. And he choses to reveal this openly, highly unlike the typical drow.
Kiz shifts back in his chair.
"So, what do you know about the drow we will be liberating this book from, besides his... its name? And how did this Mindshard aquire such a book? It seems like your church would want to keep a close eye on such artifacts."
I suppose it would be good to work with Cuthbert's people. They at least have a respect for the order of Ma'at, even if they insist on acting as judges. But first, I need to gather some info on my prospective associates.<Concentrates on Detect Evil Spell> So let's see who pings, hm? And where the hell is that flower scent coming from?
Kiz glances at each of the people seated at the table, seemingly lost in thought. He also glances about the room just to be certain. "I believe I'm in as well, for the time being."

Admin

Admin
Admin

out of character -No evil over here sunny but we might have some issues with Zen Mad though he could be just ornery.-

Anthony looks to Kiz and reply's to his questions.

"He's male and its believed he's working for one of the great Houses of the city,hes beleved to be a somewhat skilled mage but thats unproven."Anthony stops to drink from his tankerd and clears his throat."As for how he got the book in the first place we were moveing it from one cathedral to another and the caravan garding it was attacked and the book taken, our seers have confirmed that mindshard is the one with the artifact."

The tavern wench arives carrying any ordered food or dirk to the party.Anthony reaches into a pouch on his belt and pulls out a rolled up scroll.This is the map youll need to traverse the wastland to the underdark opening closest to Erelhei-Cinlu."he sets the scroll down in the center of the table.

(detect evil spell:none of the party ping, three men in the tavern do, one at the bar,one two tables away, one near the door.)

Epic

Epic

*seemingly from no where begins whistling and chanting a melodic tune*
*she appears semi lost in thought*

Hanako and friends bravely traversed the underdark. While Hanako was frightened at heart, her unbridled thirst for an her own adventure was stronger. Her heart may not have been with St. Cuthbert and his followers, but she understood that such evils as the drow should not posses an object as powerful as the one her troupe seeked. As their final encounter with their enemy was upon them, Hanako's pure spirit was uplifting the parties' morale, many of which just wanted to be done with the task and move on. As the final corridor was upon them, a bright light shone from the room ahead of them. It was time to...

*Suddenly shakes as if woken from a short nap and looks around, slightly confused for a few seconds*
*a big, humble smile appears on her face as she humbly closes her eyes, nodding to the rest of her "troupe"*

Admin

Admin
Admin

"Would you mind securing that Hanako?", Jones says slightly distracted.

Epic

Epic

*looks at Sir Jones with discomfort for herself*

I..is it really okay for me to just reach for the map? Only one person told me to, but...is he our fabled group "leader?"
But, I'm finally part of the story, Mother. And this won't be the first one, I'll make a difference to this world!

*begins reaching for the map, with hesitation, looking at the other party members reactions*

zombielord0

zombielord0

out of charecter -zen isnt evil hes impatient and thinks very highly of himself-

zen says to the bartender "i wont start anyfights i just couldnt take the scent of this place anymore it reminds me of the days i was training in the armys of my home town never have i found such a chalange as one on the battlefield...but besides that it smells like routing dead corpses in here you may want to have that taken care of."

looking over to anothony as he takes a sip of his wine and smelling it drowning out the stench
i see the map..."aww so were finally getting somewere maybe well be able to get out of this hell hole sooner that i thought"

(looking around the room sizing up the rest of the people in the room i study the darkest and strongest looking group i can for the intensive perpose of always being ready for a chalange)

Well someones trying to lead this group allready, good we will need someone to.

That poor girl is painfully shy.

Irene turns to Hanako and gives a slight nod of her head."go ahead little one, someone has to carry the map, your as good a choice as any one." Irene smiles slightly as she speaks.She turns her gaze back upon Anthony.

Hopefully this wont take much longer, I'd rather not stay in this foul place longer than necessary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum